Become a Member of OHS
This is a This is a voting classification with the fee you choose below that requires annual renewals. Members must agree with the Principles of Humanism and the OHS Objectives. Your contact information will be included on our membership list, which shall be shared periodically with all members. This information will not be published, sold or used for any purpose except OHS business.
- You will receive e-mail notification of announced events and be informed of special news as posted on our website www.ontariohumanists.ca
- You are allowed to communicate on any members’ web group, based on the rules of that group.
- You may apply to serve on all Committees of OHS
- You may apply to become a licensed Officiant.
- You shall be allowed to participate in electronic polling of members. These polls will be conducted to determine actions that OHS might undertake; to determine what committees are to be struck and to guide decision-making on a range of issues.
- Members who are 18 years of age or older have the right to one (1) vote at all general meetings of members.
What to do to become a Member?
First you must agree with OHS Basics listed below!
A short Humanism definition
Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives. It stands for the building of a more humane society through an ethic based on human and other natural values in the spirit of reason and free inquiry through human capabilities. It is not theistic, and it does not accept supernatural views of reality.
Objectives of the Ontario Humanist Society
- To promote education, understanding and development of the ethical principles, practices, and culture associated with a Humanist philosophical perspective;
- To establish communal spaces that will serve our members’ needs for social support, shared cultural practices and interests as well as all of the benefits of belonging to a group of like-minded individuals.
- To communicate, liaise and affiliate with Humanists and Humanist groups throughout Ontario in order to support our communal needs.
- To offer, throughout Ontario, dignified rites of passage ceremonies such as weddings, child namings and funerals grounded in the tenets of Humanism;
- To establish a program that will provide training and a process for qualifying Humanist Officiants as well as continuing education and professional development for qualified Officiants.
Upon completion of the form, if paying by PayPal please provide the appropriate dues for your selected membership level. Additional donations are welcome!
- New members who join between July 01 and Sept. 30 may pay half the above dues (Lifetime dues excepted)
- New members who join between October 01 and December 31 receive a membership for the entire following year.
You can make payments in three different ways.
Please send Paypal Payments to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you select a personal payment, not as a purchase.
Please send Interac e-Transfer Payments to email@example.com.
Please send physical cheques to:
Ontario Humanist Society
265 Gore St,
Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
- $20 individual annual
- $35 couple annual
- $15 student or senior annual
- $300 individual lifetime
- $550 couple lifetime
- Additional donation if desired